Victor Moses boldly declared “there is more to come” after scoring Chelsea's biggest goal since Didier Drogba's final kick for the club ended their agonising wait for Champions League glory.
Moses came off the bench in last night's 3-2 victory over Shakhtar Donetsk to net a last-gasp header, the most pivotal strike for the Blues since Drogba's winning penalty in last season's final shoot-out against Bayern Munich.
The £10million summer signing from Wigan has been in the shadow of the much-vaunted Juan Mata, Oscar and Eden Hazard since joining the Blues.
But he stole the limelight last night with a 10-minute cameo that prevented Chelsea being left in real danger of becoming the first Champions League holders to fail to reach the knockout stage.
Despite making only four starts for his new club, yesterday's 94th-minute clincher was Moses' third goal, all of them coming with his head.
And with Hazard having failed to sparkle in recent weeks, there is an argument to be made for Moses starting alongside Mata and Oscar in Sunday's Barclays Premier League game with Liverpool.
The 21-year-old felt he had already improved in his two and a half months at Stamford Bridge.
He said: "With the quality of players we've got, I learn from them as well and that's the only way you can improve - playing around good players such as this.
"There is still a lot more to come from me."
Moses insisted he was not fazed by the other big names in the Chelsea dressing room, adding: "I just want to play football.
"As long as I'm out there, I just want to enjoy myself. There are a number of great names here, quality players here, it's great to be working with them as well."
And he had no complaints about his bit-part role so far, having been made to wait so long before joining Chelsea.
"I have been delighted," he said.
"I have had a few chances and been working hard in training. I always said that I wanted to enjoy myself when I get out there, I keep working hard for my team-mates.
"It's been great for me so far at Chelsea."
Manager Roberto Di Matteo threw on Moses in the final 10 minutes yesterday, knowing full well Chelsea's Champions League future was on the line.
A draw would have seen them drop to third in Group E and left them needing to win away to Juventus in two weeks' time to keep their destiny in their own hands.
A point was the least a dominant Shakhtar deserved last night against a ragged Chelsea, who once again turned to the never-say-die attitude that served them so well in last season's astonishing Champions League triumph.
"I feared we had left it too late, but overall we're delighted with the three points," Moses said.
"It was a vital goal, but it wasn't just about me - other players did well as well.
"We have been working hard the past few weeks and it was great to get a win with Juventus coming up.
"It's not going to be an easy game but we have to go there with 100 per cent commitment and try to get the three points out there as well."
The former Crystal Palace star added: "It feels great being in the Champions League. The club won it last season and to be here now is fantastic for me.
"I'm from south London so it's great to be back."
Moses came on for Oscar, who scored another stunning Champions League goal to take his tally in the competition to four in four matches.
It came completely against the run of play and courtesy of a second Andriy Pyatov blunder of the game.
Oscar said: "It was a beautiful goal. They let themselves down at the back but then we haven't done ourselves any favours in defence either."
Indeed, Chelsea were all over the place at times as Shakhtar swarmed.
"At some points, Shakhtar were simply better than us," Oscar said.
"But it was a great match and we got a very important win."
Oscar was confident Shakhtar would cause just as many problems for Juve in their final group game, adding: "They're a good team and everybody needs to watch out for them."