Victor Valdes ban for confronting ref against Real Madrid will be contested by Barcelona
Goalkeeper was sent off after the final whistle
Thursday 07 March 2013
Barcelona will appeal against a four-match ban handed to goalkeeper Victor Valdes after he berated the referee at the end of Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Real Madrid.
Valdes confronted Miguel Angel Perez Lasa after the referee had waved away appeals for a late penalty following an apparent trip on Adriano by Sergio Ramos. A club statement said: "FC Barcelona will appeal in the coming days."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace