Video: Benfica manager Jorge Jesus goads Tim Sherwood as Tottenham Hotspur lose in Europe
Portuguese manager appeared to taunt his opposite number in Europa League clash
Friday 14 March 2014
Benfica manager Jorge Jesus is no stranger to controversy and he only served to enhance his reputation during last night's game with Tottenham.
The Portuguese manager appeared to taunt his opposite number Tim Sherwood following his side's third goal against the Londoners.
Jesus appeared to wave three fingers at Sherwood, presumably to try and get a reaction from the Spurs boss, something which proved to be a great success.
While Sherwood stopped short of employing the Pardew headbutt, he had a few choice words for the Benfica boss at the time and was damning of him after the game.
"He doesn't mind himself, does he? Waving goodbye like that with three fingers? It lacks class. Why would anyone do that?" said Sherwood.
You can see a video of the incident below...
In the end Tottenham finished the game 3-1 down and will face a tricky task in next week's match in Lisbon if they are to qualify for the quarter finals.
Latest in Sport
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything