Birmingham reveal cup celebration plan
Wednesday 02 March 2011
League Cup winners Birmingham City have confirmed details of the civic reception to be held to celebrate the club's Wembley success.
The ceremony will be held at St Andrew's at 12pm on Sunday, with gates for the free, all-ticket event opening at 10.30am. Manager Alex McLeish will be in attendance, along with the players and the city's Lord Mayor Cllr Len Gregory.
The Midlands side beat Arsenal 2-1 in last weekend's final, to secure the club's first major silverware for 48 years.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Ian Herbert: Work still to do before this Liverpool can be compared to class of ’08
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police