Capital One Cup: Aston Villa v Rotherham match preview
A look ahead to tonight’s Capital One Cup fixture at Villa Park
Wednesday 28 August 2013
Aston Villa will be looking forward to taking a slight break from their extremely tough start to The Premier League season. Villa have faced Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in their opening three games taking three points in an away win against Arsenal on the opening day. Villa have reached the quarter-finals and semi-finals in the past three years and will be hoping to go one better with a trip to Wembley this season.
Rotherham were promoted in 2013 but know they face a tough trip to Birmingham against an ever improving side under Paul Lambert. Should he play, Christian Benteke has been in fine form of late, scoring three goals in three matches so far this season.
Rotherham have experienced a good start to life in League One. So far they are unbeaten in the league with one draw and three wins.
KICK-OFF: Saturday, 3pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Rotheram 0-2 Aston Villa; Old Third Division 1972
Aston Villa 1-2 Rotheram; Old Third Division 1971
Aston Villa 1-0 Rotheram; Old Third Division 1971
Aston Villa reached the quarter-finals in the 2011 season and the semi-finals in 2013.
Aston Villa to win: 1.34
Rotheram to win: 5.7
TV: Highlights on The League Cup Show on BBC One at 11.35pm
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'