Capital One Cup final: Manchester City v Sunderland team news - Sergio Aguero starts ahead of Alvaro Negredo
Top scorer returns for City after a five-match absence
Sunday 02 March 2014
Manchester City's top scorer Sergio Aguero was passed fit to start the Capital One Cup final against Sunderland at Wembley.
The Argentinian, who has missed the last five games with a hamstring injury, partnered Edin Dzeko while Costel Pantilimon was chosen in goal ahead of England international Joe Hart.
For Sunderland, defender Wes Brown returned from suspension while Lee Cattermole and Sebastian Larsson came into midfield. Striker Jozy Altidore was dropped, so Fabio Borini started up front.
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Kolarov, Nasri, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko.
Substitutes: Hart, Lescott, Milner, Negredo, Javi Garcia, Jesus Navas, Clichy.
Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, O'Shea (c), Brown, Cattermole, Colback, Ki, Larsson, Johnson, Borini
Substitutes: Gardner, Fletcher, Celustka, Giaccherini, Vergini, Scocco, Ustari.
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget