Derby County v Chelsea: Jose Mourinho makes six changes including Mark Schwarzer and Michael Essien for FA Cup tie
Sunday 05 January 2014
Jose Mourinho has made six changes as Chelsea faced Steve McClaren's Derby at the iPro Stadium in the FA Cup third round.
Mark Schwarzer, David Luiz, Michael Essien, Oscar, Willian and Samuel Eto'o came in following the 3-0 Premier League win at Southampton, with Petr Cech, John Terry, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Andre Schurrle and Fernando Torres replaced.
McClaren's Derby, who have lost just two of the former England manager's 15 games in charge, made two enforced changes following the Sky Bet Championship loss to Wigan, with striker Johnny Russell (fractured cheekbone) and midfielder Craig Bryson (leg) absent and Jeff Hendrick and Simon Dawkins replacing them.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us