Derby County v Chelsea: Jose Mourinho makes six changes including Mark Schwarzer and Michael Essien for FA Cup tie
Sunday 05 January 2014
Jose Mourinho has made six changes as Chelsea faced Steve McClaren's Derby at the iPro Stadium in the FA Cup third round.
Mark Schwarzer, David Luiz, Michael Essien, Oscar, Willian and Samuel Eto'o came in following the 3-0 Premier League win at Southampton, with Petr Cech, John Terry, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Andre Schurrle and Fernando Torres replaced.
McClaren's Derby, who have lost just two of the former England manager's 15 games in charge, made two enforced changes following the Sky Bet Championship loss to Wigan, with striker Johnny Russell (fractured cheekbone) and midfielder Craig Bryson (leg) absent and Jeff Hendrick and Simon Dawkins replacing them.
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke