Welcome to The Independent's live coverage of Derby County against Manchester United in the FA Cup fourth round.
- The match kicked off at 7.55pm
- Man Utd have not won FA Cup since 2004
- United manager Van Gaal is under pressure
- The fifth round draw is on Sunday evening
- Derby are currently in fifth place in the Championship
- United are in fifth place in the Premier League, 10 points off the top
- Rooney, De Gea and Martial start for United
Follow the latest:
Ahead of kick-off, Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal hit out at the media this week for 'awful and horrible' stories about his future and said the club's support, while welcome, had put more pressure on him.
United were beaten 1-0 by Southampton at Old Trafford in the Premier League last weekend and subsequent media reports suggested that the Dutchman, booed by the home crowd, had offered to resign.
"It is the third time already that I have been sacked and I am still sitting here for you," he said. "I am obliged to do that (attend news conferences).
"I am very concerned people are believing what you are writing and that you don't have to verify what you are writing."
Van Gaal said he always had faith but had also predicted negative headlines.
"When you lose it is worse. That I have predicted already before the game against Southampton. Now I cannot lose any more because I am then condemned for the fourth time that I have been sacked.
"Maybe then you have written the truth, because sometimes it happens."Reuse content