FA Cup Round-Up: Rovers thrash Totton to progress
Monday 05 December 2011
Bristol Rovers surged into the third round of the FA Cup yesterday with a clinical 6-1 defeat of non-league AFC Totton.
The League Two team went 3-0 up within 13 minutes thanks to powerful strikes from Joe Anyinsah, Mustapha Carayol and Dan Woodards. Byron Anthony's header and two from Eliot Richards completed the win. Nathaniel Sherborne scored for Totton.
Wrexham, Blue Square Bet Premier leaders, shocked League One's Brentford on Saturday, winning 1-0 at Griffin Park.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have no plans to stock Petr Cech inspired caps in club shops - yet
Copa America 2015: When does it start, what channel is it on and who should I support?
Women's World Cup 2015: How England's semi-final success could do wonders for both sexes
Nigel Pearson: Leicester City sack manager despite Premier League survival
Radamel Falcao to Chelsea: Former Manchester United forward 'signs contract' to join Blues and is told to meet up with squad on pre-season tour
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS