Liverpool set to make changes for Capital One Cup tie against Swansea
Tuesday 30 October 2012
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers will make a number of changes for the visit of former club Swansea in the Capital One Cup.
The likes of Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez are likely to be rested after a busy schedule over the last week, while goalkeeper Jose Reina is still recovering from a hamstring injury.
It means the likes of defenders Jamie Carragher and Sebastian Coates and midfielders Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing are are set to play.
Provisional squad: Jones, Wisdom, Coates, Carragher, Enrique, Henderson, Shelvey, Sahin, Downing, Pacheco, Yesil, Assaidi, Gulacsi, Robinson, Wilson, Coady, Sama, Suso, Sterling, Sinclair.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Gareth Bale puts five-bedroom Essex mansion up for sale at £2.2m following £86m switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial