Manchester City 3 Sunderland 1 player ratings: Who scored the highest in the Capital One Cup final - Yaya Toure or Ki Sung-yueng?
How each player fared in City's comeback victory at Wembley
Manchester City won this season's first piece of silverware after fighting back from a goal down to defeat Sunderland 3-1 in the Capital One Cup final at Wembley.
Fabio Borini had opened the scoring for the Black Cats with a fine finish just 10 minutes into the match. A much improved City side emerged for the second half, however, and Yaya Toure equalised in the 55th minute with a delightful long-range curling effort. An goal so impressive that the Ivorian said it could well have been the best of his career after the match.
Samir Nasri then put City ahead with another spectacular effort one minute later, lashing in from Aleksandar Kolarov's cross. Substitute Jesus Navas scored City's third in the dying stages of the game.
So how did the players fare? Click below to scroll through the gallery of player ratings
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin