Manchester City's Ireland cleared after hospital visit
Thursday 24 September 2009
Stephen Ireland has been given the all-clear after being taken to hospital last night following Manchester City's Carling Cup win over Fulham.
The midfielder was substituted complaining of dizziness and feeling unwell in the 75th minute, and was later taken for tests.
However, the club this morning have confirmed that nothing was found wrong with the 23-year-old, who will now take some time to rest before resuming training, but is expected to be available for Monday's visit of West Ham.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain