Moore's late double leaves Dons merry
Friday 19 November 2010
Two goals from Sammy Moore cruelly denied impoverished Ebbsfleet United £90,000 for reaching the second round of the FA Cup as AFC Wimbledon won 3-2 after extra time in their replay at Stonebridge Road last night.
The Blue Square Premier leaders will play Stevenage at home in the next round.
Wimbledon drew first blood in the battle of the fans-owned clubs, striker Mark Nwokeji giving them the lead in the ninth minute. Ebbsfleet soon hit back through an Ashley Carew penalty and the former Barnet midfielder put them ahead in the 18th minute. However, in added time at the end of the second half midfielder Moore grabbed an equaliser and repeated the trick in the last minute of extra time to send the Dons through.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc