Carl Fletcher appointed Plymouth manager
Tuesday 01 November 2011
Carl Fletcher has been appointed full-time manager of Plymouth.
The 31-year-old assumed caretaker charge of the club following the dismissal of Peter Reid in September and has seen a slight upturn in form at Home Park, although Argyle remain bottom of npower League Two.
Romain Larrieu has been appointed player-coach.
In a statement on the club's official website, Plymouth's chairman of football operations Peter Ridsdale said: "Both Carl and Romain have impressed since taking temporary charge of first-team duties and they have earned the chance to undertake their responsibilities on a permanent basis.
"Everyone at Argyle will work together to ensure that we give ourselves every chance of maintaining our Football League status."
The Football League yesterday agreed to allow Plymouth to exit administration, although they admitted it took "a leap of faith" to back a takeover by local businessman James Brent.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent