Edgar Davids registered to play for Barnet
Friday 19 October 2012
Former Holland international and joint Barnet head coach Edgar Davids has been registered to play in tonight's npower League Two home fixture against Northampton.
The 39-year-old former Champions League winner has been given the number 38 shirt as he dusts down his boots to return to first-team action in the less than glamorous surroundings of Underhill.
Davids had been out of football since a brief stint at Championship side Crystal Palace in 2010, until joining Mark Robson in the Barnet dug-out last week.
His arrival at the club failed to spark a revival of fortunes for the Bees, as they lost 4-1 to Plymouth last weekend to remain as the bottom team in the Football League.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage