Gary Deegan suspended by Coventry over Twitter comments
Thursday 28 June 2012
Gary Deegan has been suspended by Coventry for two weeks while the
npower League One club investigate alleged comments made by the
midfielder on Twitter.
The 24-year-old Irishman, signed from Bohemians in January 2010, is reported to have made controversial comments on the social networking site.
A club statement on Coventry's official website read: "Coventry City confirm that Gary Deegan has been suspended from training for a period of two weeks while further investigations take place into comments on Twitter social networking site.
"Neither the player nor the club will be making any further statement whilst internal investigations are ongoing."
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'