Groves sacked by Bournemouth for poor start
Thursday 04 October 2012
Bournemouth have parted company with their manager Paul Groves and his assistant Shaun Brooks.
The big spending club's chairman Eddie Mitchell announced the departures following the 3-1 defeat at Crawley on Tuesday, which left Bournemouth fifth from bottom in League One. The move comes less than a month after they brought in former manager Harry Redknapp in an advisory capacity.
Latest in Sport
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers