Harry Redknapp to stay with QPR
Monday 10 June 2013
The QPR manager, Harry Redknapp, says he is focused on getting the club back into the Premier League, despite recent speculation about his future.
Redknapp was frustrated last week after failing to convince the club's owners to sanction the signing of left-back Wayne Bridge, who joined Reading instead.
Redknapp said: "I am committed to QPR. I want to do well for the club and I want to take it back to where it belongs – the Premier League. It will be difficult but it's a challenge I am excited about.
"We're trying to bring the right types of lads into the squad – players who have the right mentality, ability and character to get us out of this division."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
David Moyes needs to bring in his own players says Phil Jagielka
Manchester United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen