Hull confirm Jimmy Bullard has been suspended
Friday 22 July 2011
Hull have confirmed that midfielder Jimmy Bullard has been suspended as they begin an investigation into the player's conduct.
Bullard's exact misdemeanour remains unclear, although it has been suggested the incident occurred during the Championship club's training camp in Slovenia last week.
He is believed to have returned to England with his team-mates before being ordered to stay away from City's training ground for two weeks.
The 32-year-old was omitted from Hull's 2-1 pre-season victory at non-league Winterton Rangers on Wednesday night.
Bullard has two years remaining on his £45,000-a-week contract at the KC Stadium and has repeatedly been linked with a move away from East Yorkshire over the past 12 months, spending the second half of last season on loan at Ipswich.
The Tigers said in a statement said: "Hull City AFC can confirm that Jimmy Bullard has been suspended pending an inquiry into recent events.
"The club will be completing the investigation before making any further comment."
Latest in Sport
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women