Johnson handed swift appointment
Saturday 05 March 2011
Gary Johnson has been appointed as the new manager of League Two side Northampton.
The former Bristol City and Peterborough manager succeeds Ian Sampson, who was sacked earlier this week. The Cobblers sit 16th in the table and have moved quickly to appoint Johnson ahead of today's visit of Shrewsbury. "I am delighted we have got our man," chairman David Cardoza said. "It is a sign of our ambition."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin