Leadbitter and Edwards leave Sunderland for Ipswich
Tuesday 01 September 2009
Sunderland have confirmed Grant Leadbitter and Carlos Edwards have joined Ipswich.
The midfield pair were made available for transfer by Black Cats boss Steve Bruce after he strengthened his midfield over the summer with the acquisitions of Lorik Cana and Lee Cattermole.
Leadbitter and Edwards will now be reunited with former Sunderland boss Roy Keane at Portman Road.
Leadbitter has moved for a fee which could reach £2.6m while Edwards has joined in a deal which could reach £1.35m.
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Cardiff City launch ‘fraud’ probe into summer transfer spending
Sami Khedira to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger reveals Gunners are still in the market for defensive midfielder
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Risky business to think Balotelli can replace Suarez
Malky Mackay allegations: Malky Mackay, Iain Moody and another grim day for English football
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians