Lee Hughes in manager bust-up
Monday 09 March 2009
Lee Hughes is at the centre of an internal investigation at Oldham after a club night out descended into a brawl.
Reports suggest that Hughes put his manager John Sheridan in a headlock during an informal 'meet the players' evening at Belle Vue Dog track on Tuesday, 24 February.
Reports suggest that goalkeeper Mark Crossley was forced to intervene in order to break up the confrontation. It has also been alleged that Sean Gregan had a bust-up with Chris Taylor during the same evening.
Oldham chief executive Alan Hardy has ordered a full investigation into the evening and has promised the "strongest possible action" against anyone who acted inappropriately.
Hardy added: "you can not discount sacking in this respect."
Latest in Sport
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised