Leicester rule out Davids deal
Friday 30 October 2009
Dutch midfielder Edgar Davids will not be joining Leicester, the Coca-Cola Championship club have announced.
The former Ajax, Barcelona and Juventus midfielder, 36, has been in talks with the Foxes for the past few weeks, but the two parties were unable to strike a deal.
"Unfortunately we were not able to come to an agreement with Edgar and his representatives," chairman Milan Mandaric said.
"We have decided not take this matter further and wish Edgar luck in the future."
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut