Manchester United midfielder Cleverley joins Watford on loan
Tuesday 18 August 2009
Watford have signed Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley on loan until January.
The 20-year-old enjoyed a successful spell at Leicester last season, helping them to the League One title, and boss Malky Mackay has recruited him in a bid to add some much-needed quality to his midfield ranks.
The deal has gone through in time for Cleverley, who can also be deployed in defence, to be involved in Tuesday's trip to Nottingham Forest.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 4 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 5 Pastafarian former porn star Asia Lemmon allowed to wear colander in driving licence photo
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services