Ole Gunnar Solskjaer rules himself out of the running for vacant post at Bolton
Monday 15 October 2012
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant managerial role at npower Championship club Bolton.
The former Manchester United striker, who is currently in charge of Norwegian champions Molde, has been repeatedly linked with the job at the Reebok Stadium following Owen Coyle's dismissal last week.
However, the 39-year-old says he has no plans to leave Molde before the end of the season, although there is just over a month to go.
"There will always be speculation when someone in England needs a new manager," he told Norwegian newspaper Romsdals Budstikke.
"There are surely 20 names who have been linked with Bolton now and it's natural that mine is among them. But it's not for me.
"Blackburn, Bolton, rumours crop up all the time. But I'm not that bothered about them.
"I'm absolutely certain I will see out the season here (with Molde), I can promise that."
Solskjaer had already turned down an approach from Aston Villa earlier this year after holding talks with the midlands club, while he has also been named as a potential successor to Steve Kean at Blackburn.
Latest in Sport
Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt: Examining the Impact of 'Taker's WWE WrestleMania return
Paul Scholes: Manchester City paid the price for not dealing with Barcelona's Sergio Busquets
Arsenal vs Monaco: Theo Walcott 'involved in spat' with fans after Champions League defeat
Paul Scholes: Jose Mourinho's attempt to influence football's decision-makers is not working. In fact, it may have backfired
Piers Morgan 'hurt' after Arsenal legend Bob Wilson questions his support for the Gunners and labels him a 'pompous individual'
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia