Several Plymouth players are considering going on strike having not received their wages yet again.
The players had been given assurances that they would be paid after it was announced that Bishop International Ltd had funding in place for a takeover of the financially stricken club, who remain in administration. However, it was revealed today that they had not received payment for August.
The npower League Two side are due to visit Burton on Saturday but it is not yet clear which players will be involved after a potential strike was mooted.
Team captain Carl Fletcher has admitted the wages situation "can't get any worse".
He told BBC Spotlight: "We've got bills to pay, houses to live in. We need a roof over our head, and many of us have kids. It's getting to the point that people are going to have to move out and sell their houses."
The Plymouth Argyle Fans Trust released a statement saying: "Despite firm assurances, the players and staff at Argyle have once again not received payment of their wages. The Argyle Fans Trust would like to express in the strongest possible terms its disappointment, frustration and anger at the further delays in the ongoing sale of the football club."
Manager Peter Reid can see the players' point of view and said on Sky Sports News: "Understandably they have got concerns and they are having a chat. Discussions are ongoing."
Goalkeeper Romain Larrieu added: "We are discussing the fact that we might not be on the pitch on Saturday. We need a discussion one way or another.
"That's where we are now. The PFA (Professional Footballers' Association) are on the problem and are trying to give us as much information as they can."
Plymouth did not wish to comment on the matter when contacted by Press Association Sport this afternoon.