Poor form costs Brown his job at AFC Wimbledon
Thursday 20 September 2012
Terry Brown has been sacked as manager of AFC Wimbledon.
Brown guided the club into the Football League with three promotions in five years but the club are currently fourth from bottom in League Two with just four points from seven matches.
Brown said: "I will remember five absolutely fantastic years at the club. I cannot say I have enjoyed this season as it has not gone well, but my abiding memory will be our three promotions."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts