QPR snap up Simpson on loan from Arsenal
Thursday 27 August 2009
QPR have signed Arsenal striker Jay Simpson on a season-long loan.
Rangers beat off competition from three Premier League clubs to land the highly-rated 20-year-old, who will go straight into the squad for Saturday's trip to Scunthorpe.
"Jay is a fine young player, who will prove to be a quality addition to the squad," said boss Jim Magilton.
"He's already shown glimpses of his quality at Arsenal and during loan spells elsewhere and we'll be looking for him to continue his progression under our guidance.
"There's no doubt he's got all the attributes to be a top, top player, but he needs games and we're delighted we've been given the opportunity by Arsenal to provide him with a platform to showcase his ability."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts