* Barnsley Goalkeeper Heinz Muller has been ruled out for the rest of the season with knee ligament damage. The German sustained the injury during the win over Colchester last week and scans have revealed it to be worse than was first predicted. "He will return to Germany for surgery and will be out for between six and nine months," Tykes physio Richard Kay said of the 29-year-old. "He'll have his family around him and he knows the surgeon."
* Crystal Palace Neil Warnock has admitted his interest in the Sheffield United striker Danny Webber. "We've enquired about Danny," the former Blades manager said. "He is one of a number of players we've spoken about."
* West Bromich Albion The Baggies have agreed a deal with Hearts to make the loan spell of striker Roman Bednar permanent. "There is a deal in place to sign him at the end of the season." manager Tony Mowbray said. "Roman is a typical centre forward. He is big, strong, fast and brave and scores goals."
* Southampton The Saints are holding initial talks with a potential investor over a possible takeover of the South Coast outfit. The club announced to the Stock Exchange that they "are in discussions with certain third parties in relation to an investment in, or a possible offer, for the company".
* Plymouth Argyle Cherno Samba has left Home Park by mutual consent. "Samba appreciates the situation," manager Paul Sturrock said. "We have decided to part company."
* Leyton Orient The Brisbane Road club have been fined £1,500 and warned as to their future conduct by the Football Association following an FA Cup first round replay with Bristol Rovers in November. Four players were booked and two were dismissed during the encounter.
* Swindon Town The Robins have completed the transfer of Simon Cox from Reading. "We are delighted to have Simon on board," chief executive Nick Watkins said of the 20-year-old. "I would like to thank Reading and the Football League for their assistance."
* Cheltenham Town Former Gillingham defender Craig Armstrong has re-signed for the club. The 32-year-old made almost 100 appearances for the Robins in a two-year spell before signing for the Gills last summer.
* Bury The Shakers have appointed Alan Knill as manager. Knill previously managed Rotherham before being sacked last March with the club bottom of League One. The 43-year-old also enjoyed a spell at Gigg Lane as a player between 1989 and 1993 and begins his managerial reign against Stockport tonight.
* Peterborough Alfie Potter has been voted FA Cup "Player of the Round" for the fourth round. This award relates to Potter's performaces on loan at non-league Havant & Waterlooville, where he memorably put the Hawks 2-1 up at Liverpool before the Reds triumphed 5-2. The midfielder has since returned to Posh.
* Stockport County Kevin Ellison is to rejoin the club after the Hatters agreed a deal with Chester City. Ellison will move on an initial loan with a view to a permanent transfer.Reuse content