African Nations Cup: Team-by-team preview
Friday 20 January 2012
The 2012 African Nations Cup, which is being co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guine, begins tomorrow.
While some of Africa's biggest teams are absent due to their failure to qualify, including Cameroon, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa, the tournament still promises to showcase some of the world's best players.
Here, we assess the 16 teams in action, and analyse who will most likely be in the final in Libreville come February 12.
Latest in Sport
Nicolas Otamendi to Manchester United: Club 'agree to sign' £36m-rated centre-back
Paul Scholes on Raheem Sterling: Moving between Liverpool and Manchester United still an issue
Paul Scholes: I'm sticking my neck out - Hull to win and Newcastle to be relegated on final day
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Gareth Bale 'wants to quit Real Madrid' and Manchester United are waiting with €120m offer
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 Georgia Army veteran arrested for breaking window to save dog has charges dropped
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group