African Nations Cup: Team-by-team preview
Friday 20 January 2012
The 2012 African Nations Cup, which is being co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guine, begins tomorrow.
While some of Africa's biggest teams are absent due to their failure to qualify, including Cameroon, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa, the tournament still promises to showcase some of the world's best players.
Here, we assess the 16 teams in action, and analyse who will most likely be in the final in Libreville come February 12.
Latest in Sport
Aaron Hernandez: American Football in the dock as NFL star player's murderous double life is revealed
Chelsea vs Manchester United: With Carrick, Blind, Jones and Rojo missing, how should Louis van Gaal set his side up at Stamford Bridge?
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Why Blues are the least popular team in the league
Chelsea vs Manchester United combined XI: Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea? Juan Mata or Willian? Who makes our team?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Where are the tickets for the fight?
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'