Angel Di Maria injury: Argentina midfielder looks set to miss remainder of the World Cup
Winger injured in win over Belgium
Sunday 06 July 2014
Angel Di Maria looks set to miss the rest of the World Cup as a result of the injury he sustained in Argentina's win over Belgium.
The midfielder suffered a thigh injury midway through the first half of his side's quarter-final and was replaced by Enzo Perez.
Now, according to reports from media in South America, he looks set to miss the remainder of the tournament.
Argentina's coach Alejandro Sabella said the Real Madrid man would be examined this Sunday.
"Angel has a problem in front of his right thigh and he is going to do an analysis tomorrow," he said.
Argentina face Holland in the World Cup semi-finals next Wednesday.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs Tottenham combined XI: Hugo Lloris or Thibaut Courtois? Willian or Christian Eriksen? Who makes the final cut?
Manchester United vs Sunderland match report: Wayne Rooney scores twice but referee Roger East sends off Wes Brown instead of John O'Shea
Liverpool vs Manchester City match report: Stunners from Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson sink Manuel Pellegrini's side
Arsenal 2 Everton 0 player ratings: Who scored highest at the Emirates?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory