Angel Di Maria injury: Argentina midfielder looks set to miss remainder of the World Cup
Winger injured in win over Belgium
Sunday 06 July 2014
Angel Di Maria looks set to miss the rest of the World Cup as a result of the injury he sustained in Argentina's win over Belgium.
The midfielder suffered a thigh injury midway through the first half of his side's quarter-final and was replaced by Enzo Perez.
Now, according to reports from media in South America, he looks set to miss the remainder of the tournament.
Argentina's coach Alejandro Sabella said the Real Madrid man would be examined this Sunday.
"Angel has a problem in front of his right thigh and he is going to do an analysis tomorrow," he said.
Argentina face Holland in the World Cup semi-finals next Wednesday.
Latest in Sport
Heysel disaster 30th anniversary: Liverpool have seen too much tragedy to forget that fateful day in Belgium
Revealed: The most unwatchable Premier League teams of the 2014/15 season
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Michel Platini to consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 3 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned