Argentina call up Wigan striker Franco Di Santo
Friday 02 November 2012
The Wigan Athletic striker Franco Di Santo has been called up by Argentina for the first time for the friendly away to Saudi Arabia on 14 November.
The 23-year-old former Chelsea and Blackburn forward, who has played for his country at under-20 level, has scored three league goals this season. Di Santo and recalled Newcastle United defender Fabricio Coloccini, a veteran of the 2006 World Cup, were included in Alejandro Sabella's 23-man squad for the match in Riyadh.
Pablo Zabaleta and Sergio Aguero of Manchester City are also in the squad but Carlos Tevez is not.
The national team captain Lionel Messi could miss the match if his first son, due any day, is not born until close to that date.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Tottenham player ratings: Mesut Ozil? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Nacer Chadli? Who was the star man at the Emirates?
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
Cristiano Ronaldo banner: This is how Real Madrid striker reacted to the stunt by Manchester United fans
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 5 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany