Argentina call up Wigan striker Franco Di Santo
Friday 02 November 2012
The Wigan Athletic striker Franco Di Santo has been called up by Argentina for the first time for the friendly away to Saudi Arabia on 14 November.
The 23-year-old former Chelsea and Blackburn forward, who has played for his country at under-20 level, has scored three league goals this season. Di Santo and recalled Newcastle United defender Fabricio Coloccini, a veteran of the 2006 World Cup, were included in Alejandro Sabella's 23-man squad for the match in Riyadh.
Pablo Zabaleta and Sergio Aguero of Manchester City are also in the squad but Carlos Tevez is not.
The national team captain Lionel Messi could miss the match if his first son, due any day, is not born until close to that date.
Latest in Sport
QPR 1 Arsenal 2: Arsene Wenger praises 'mental strength' of strikers Alexis Sanchez and Olivier Giroud in win over QPR
Newcastle 0 Manchester United 1: Louis van Gaal describes performance as 'maybe our best match of the season'
Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid superstar 'sends his hair stylist to look after his waxwork once a month'
Newcastle vs Manchester United match report: Ashley Young scores late winner as Angel Di Maria fails to shine yet again
Brooklyn Beckham to be released: Why Arsenal could regret letting David Beckham's son depart
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 4 Penis size: Study revealing 'what's normal' sends international media into meltdown
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for