Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny pulls out of France squad with injury
Tuesday 14 August 2012
Defender Laurent Koscielny has pulled out of the France squad to play Uruguay because of the calf injury sustained in Arsenal's friendly win over Cologne.
Koscielny was given permission to miss tomorrow's friendly international and return to London after tests at the France training camp yesterday revealed the problem.
Coach Didier Deschamps will not call up a replacement for the match in Le Havre, the former Chelsea midfielder's first at the helm.
Relates articles from London's Evening Standard...
Apple agrees deal with Visa on contactless payments
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer latest: Arsene Wenger set to sign...no one on transfer deadline day as manager heads to Rome to referee charity match
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal offloads fringe players as he looks to the long term
Radamel Falcao transfer latest: Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City linked with blockbuster move
Tottenham to offer Andros Townsend to Southampton in £14m deadline day bid for Jay Rodriguez
Radamel Falcao to Manchester United: Striker hasn't played in Champions League since 2010
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker