Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny pulls out of France squad with injury
Tuesday 14 August 2012
Defender Laurent Koscielny has pulled out of the France squad to play Uruguay because of the calf injury sustained in Arsenal's friendly win over Cologne.
Koscielny was given permission to miss tomorrow's friendly international and return to London after tests at the France training camp yesterday revealed the problem.
Coach Didier Deschamps will not call up a replacement for the match in Le Havre, the former Chelsea midfielder's first at the helm.
Relates articles from London's Evening Standard...
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo applauded by Liverpool fans after master-class for Real Madrid, despite Manchester United ties
Angel Di Maria injury latest: Argentina international set to play in Manchester United vs Chelsea match
Real Madrid vs Barcelona: Cristiano Ronaldo says he is playing Barca - not just Lionel Messi - in El Clasico
Paul Scholes column: I'm not worried about Manchester United's defence - Chelsea test can be the making of Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker forced into hospital ahead of Manchester United clash - reports
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo