Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil set to be available for Germany games against Italy and England, says coach Joachim Low
Arsenal playmaker joined up with his international team-mates on Wednesday
Thursday 14 November 2013
Mesut Ozil is expected to be available for Germany in their friendly against Italy on Friday, after the Arsenal player joined up with his team-mates in Munich on Wednesday after recovering from the flu.
The 25-year-old was set to miss the match at San Siro after contracting the illness, but his manager Joachim Low says he is feeling “better” and has a good chance of playing. He should also now be fine to play in the friendly against England on Tuesday.
“Mesut is feeling better," Low was quoted in German newspaper Bild. "I expect that he will take full part in our final training session [on Thursday].”
Ozil was not at his best during Arsenal’s 1-0 defeat against Manchester United at Sunday, and seemed destined to miss the friendlies after being struck with the illness, which ruled his team-mates Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky out of the loss at Old Trafford.
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet