The five-time World Cup winners were dominating Bolivia in their World Cup qualifier last week when Neymar tried to nutmeg Yasmani Duk.
Brazil had gone 4-0 up by half time, with the Barcelona forward opening the scoring in a mesmerising display.
However, Neymar failed to last the 90 minutes after being clattered by the elbow of Duk as he tried to slot the ball through his legs.
The 28-year-old was accused by many parts of the South American media of being over-aggressive but Duk defending his actions before taking a swipe – this time metaphorically rather than physically – at Neymar.
“Neymar was being a bit too cocky - he was like that with all of us throughout the game, but all I was trying to do was cut off a move - which is what happens all the time in football,” Duk told AS.
“Everyone knows the sport has its physical side - I had my nose broken and no-one says a word.
“To become the best player in the world, he's got to stop this ‘Charlie Big B*******’ behaviour and start showing some respect for his opponents.”
Brazil boss Tite, who is undefeated since taking the role, urged Neymar to show more maturity despite the rough treatment towards him, after picking up a booking that will rule him out of Wednesday’s qualifier against Venezuela.
He said: “There were mistakes from the referee, with an excess of fouls derived from a lack of punishment to them.
“And we - Neymar and me - we need maturity to understand that we'll have to bear these kind of situations, too.”Reuse content