Belgium vs United States player ratings World Cup 2014: Did Kevin De Bruyne outscore Tim Howard?
A look at the individual performances after Belgium's 2-1 win in extra-time
Wednesday 02 July 2014
Belgium are through to a quarter-final against Argentina after yet another brilliant game at this World Cup.
The teams could not be separated in normal time, and nor could they score most thanks to an inspired performance from Tim Howard, but in the extra 30 minutes the game exploded.
Kevin De Bruyne scored just a couple of minutes into the extra period and when substitute Romelu Lukaku doubled Belgium's advantage it looked all over.
But then Julian Green scored one of the goals of the tournament to set up a pulsating final 13 minutes but there were no further goals.
Who was the man of the match in Salvador? Could anyone better Tim Howard?
Who do you think was the star performer? Let us know by commenting below.
Latest in Sport
Don't mess with me, Diego Costa warns Manchester City ahead of Chelsea clash
Florida State quarter-back Jameis Winston suspended for half-a-game for yelling 'F*** her right in the p****'
West Ham vs Liverpool match report: Reds are caught cold by hot Hammers
Aston Villa vs Arsenal team news: Alexis Sanchez incorrectly named in starting line-up as Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain called up to start
West Ham vs Liverpool player ratings: Winston Reid? Diafra Sakho? Who rated highest from the Hammers' victory?
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death