Belgium vs United States player ratings World Cup 2014: Did Kevin De Bruyne outscore Tim Howard?
A look at the individual performances after Belgium's 2-1 win in extra-time
Wednesday 02 July 2014
Belgium are through to a quarter-final against Argentina after yet another brilliant game at this World Cup.
The teams could not be separated in normal time, and nor could they score most thanks to an inspired performance from Tim Howard, but in the extra 30 minutes the game exploded.
Kevin De Bruyne scored just a couple of minutes into the extra period and when substitute Romelu Lukaku doubled Belgium's advantage it looked all over.
But then Julian Green scored one of the goals of the tournament to set up a pulsating final 13 minutes but there were no further goals.
Who was the man of the match in Salvador? Could anyone better Tim Howard?
Who do you think was the star performer? Let us know by commenting below.
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Follow the latest events from this Champions League fixture
Company reveals $542m investment in start-up building 'a rocket ship for the mind"
Singer says the track was 'force-fed down people's throats'
techThe original free dating app will remain the same, developers say
Latest in Sport
Luis Suarez: Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo
Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies from spine injury after doing somersault celebration
Arsenal vs Hull: Gary Lineker and Piers Morgan lead criticism of Arsene Wenger after 'uncomfortable' interview with Jacqui Oatley
Angel Di Maria injury: Manchester United sweat over fitness of record signing as he is in danger of missing Chelsea clash
Adel Taraabt criticism from QPR boss Harry Redknapp sparked by player walking out of team meeting prior to Liverpool game
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters