Belgium vs United States player ratings World Cup 2014: Did Kevin De Bruyne outscore Tim Howard?
A look at the individual performances after Belgium's 2-1 win in extra-time
Wednesday 02 July 2014
Belgium are through to a quarter-final against Argentina after yet another brilliant game at this World Cup.
The teams could not be separated in normal time, and nor could they score most thanks to an inspired performance from Tim Howard, but in the extra 30 minutes the game exploded.
Kevin De Bruyne scored just a couple of minutes into the extra period and when substitute Romelu Lukaku doubled Belgium's advantage it looked all over.
But then Julian Green scored one of the goals of the tournament to set up a pulsating final 13 minutes but there were no further goals.
Who was the man of the match in Salvador? Could anyone better Tim Howard?
Who do you think was the star performer? Let us know by commenting below.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Arsenal are 'short of greatness' - so take a gamble in the transfer market, urges Terry Venables
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Petr Cech transfer latest: Chelsea goalkeeper posts cryptic tweet amid exit talk
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127