Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Iran World Cup 2014 player ratings: Edin Dezko or Ashkan Dejagah - who rated better?
Player ratings from the Group F clash
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Iran's dreams of a place in the World Cup knockout stages were ended by an impressive Bosnia and Herzegovina team.
Safet Susic's team showed they were unlucky to have already been eliminated from the competition after they put in an excellent performance against Iran.
Edin Dzeko, Miralem Pjanic and Avdija Vrsajevic were all on the scoresheet for a Bosnian team that was in control from start to finish.
Iran needed a victory to progress - as long as Argentina beat Nigeria - but they looked overawed by the occasion.
After Dzeko opened the scoring after 23 minutes Iran had a chance to immediately level, but Masoud Shojaei's strike cannoned back off the crossbar.
Pjanic gave Bosnia a 2-0 lead but Charlton striker Reza Ghoochannejhad thought he had given Iran some hope with a goal eight minutes from the end.
But Vrsajevic ended that before it even began, drilling home a minute later.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal and Puma unveil world's first left-footed football
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
Raheem Sterling interview: No amount of money can convince Sterling to stay at Liverpool
Liverpool injury news: Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge, Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren expected to be ready for Arsenal clash
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims