Brazil 3 Croatia 1 player ratings: Neymar? Ivica Olic? Luka Modric? Oscar? Who was the star man in the World Cup opener?
Friday 13 June 2014
Neymar, Brazil's Barcelona talisman, proved the key for the 3-1 victory in a sparkling - and controversial - match that may well set the tone for a World Cup of thrills and skills.
Each Brazil goal, two scored by Neymar - the second after a dubious penalty won by Fred - and a third by Oscar was greeted by a flurry of fireworks bursting across the Sao Paulo skyline.
But who was the man of the match in Sao Paulo? Click through our player ratings below
Brazil's next match is against Mexio in Fortaleza on Tuesday, while Cameroon take on Croatia on Wednesday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh