Brazil select Ronaldinho for match against England
Match takes place at Wembley next month
Tuesday 22 January 2013
Brazil have included four Premier League players in their 20-man squad for next month's friendly against England at Wembley.
The Chelsea trio of David Luiz, Ramires and Oscar are joined by QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar in the group named by Luiz Felipe Scolari, who will be taking charge of the team for the first time since being re-appointed to the role in December.
England fans are also set to get a glimpse of Santos' superstar forward Neymar, while the group also includes two-time FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho - who is now with Atletico Mineiro - and Barcelona duo Daniel Alves and Adriano.
The match is being played as part of the Football Association's 150th anniversary celebrations, while Brazil are using the match as preparation for their participation in this summer's Confederations Cup and the 2014 World Cup.
Squad: Julio Cesar (QPR), Diego Alves (Valencia); Daniel Alves, Adriano (both Barcelona), David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Leandro Castan (Roma), Miranda, Filipe Luis (both Atletico Madrid); Ramires (Chelsea), Arouca (Santos), Paulinho (Corinthians), Hernanes (Lazio), Oscar (Chelsea), Ronaldinho (Atletico Mineiro), Lucas Moura (Paris St Germain); Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg), Neymar (Santos), Fred (Fluminense), Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo).
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker