Brazil trio are fitness concerns
Brazil coach Dunga is sweating on the fitness of a trio of players ahead of Friday's quarter-final clash with Holland.
Galatasaray midfielder Elano, who missed Monday's 3-0 victory over Chile with an ankle problem, was unable to complete training yesterday as the South Americans began their preparations in earnest for the game at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth.
The 29-year-old suffered the injury during the 3-1 group stage win over Ivory Coast and was substituted shortly after scoring his side's final goal.
Elano's fitness concerns represent a real worry for Dunga, who also has Felipe Melo struggling with a similar problem, while Julio Baptista is battling to shake off a knock he picked up during the 0-0 first-round draw with Portugal.
To make matters worse, fellow midfielder Ramires is suspended for the quarter-final after receiving his second yellow card of the competition against Chile.
Latest in Sport
Leicester vs Arsenal match preview: Calm Calum can be an Arsenal star for years to come, says Per Mertesacker
Tottenham vs Liverpool preview: Spurs ready to press their case for Reds revenge
Burnley vs Manchester United match report: Louis van Gaal still winless after goalless draw at Turf Moor
Tottenham vs Liverpool match preview: I can get the best out of Mario Balotelli, says Brendan Rodgers
Everton vs Chelsea player ratings: Who was best in the nine-goal thriller at Goodison?
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Argentina may change its capital city from Buenos Aires, says president
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
- 5 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner