Brazil trio are fitness concerns
Brazil coach Dunga is sweating on the fitness of a trio of players ahead of Friday's quarter-final clash with Holland.
Galatasaray midfielder Elano, who missed Monday's 3-0 victory over Chile with an ankle problem, was unable to complete training yesterday as the South Americans began their preparations in earnest for the game at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth.
The 29-year-old suffered the injury during the 3-1 group stage win over Ivory Coast and was substituted shortly after scoring his side's final goal.
Elano's fitness concerns represent a real worry for Dunga, who also has Felipe Melo struggling with a similar problem, while Julio Baptista is battling to shake off a knock he picked up during the 0-0 first-round draw with Portugal.
To make matters worse, fellow midfielder Ramires is suspended for the quarter-final after receiving his second yellow card of the competition against Chile.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
Chelsea's best XI of the season so far: Petr Cech has been better than Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea's Eden Hazard, Arsenal's Mesut Ozil and Manchester City's Jesus Navas are the three best attacking midfielders in Europe in 2015
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London