Brazil vs Colombia World Cup 2014 player ratings - James Rodriguez or Neymar - who was the star man?
Who were the stars in Belo Horizonte
Saturday 05 July 2014
David Luiz thundered home one of the World Cup's finest goals as Brazil progressed to the semi-finals, disposing of Colombia in an enthralling battle.
Read more: Neymar out of World Cup
Zuniga defends challenge on Neymar
Lebron James and Gisele among those to react on Twitter
However, the 2-1 victory was tinged with concern after star man Neymar left the field on a stretcher in the closing stages.
The immense pressure of being host nation and favourites showed in their last-16 tie, with Luiz Felipe Scolari's side requiring penalties and a dollop of good fortune to see off Chile.
Another South American rival awaited at the quarter-final juncture, with Luiz's outstanding 35-yard free-kick decisive in a 2-1 victory after which one of the main talking points will be Neymar's fitness.
Who do you think was the star performer? Let us know by commenting below.
Latest in Sport
West Ham vs Arsenal match report: Sam Allardyce fumes at referee as Arsenal push on towards top four
Tottenham vs Manchester United match report: Hugo Lloris blocks Manchester United from putting pressure on Premier League title rivals
Liverpool vs Swansea preview: 'Jonjo Shelvey is lazy, he needs to wise up,' says Garry Monk
Arsenal transfer news: William Carvalho to be subject of £20m bid
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw renting £3.85m home from Cristiano Ronaldo
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Downfall of Dustin 'Screech' Diamond, the 'Saved By The Bell' star charged with bar stabbing
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals