Brazil vs Colombia World Cup 2014 player ratings - James Rodriguez or Neymar - who was the star man?
Who were the stars in Belo Horizonte
Saturday 05 July 2014
David Luiz thundered home one of the World Cup's finest goals as Brazil progressed to the semi-finals, disposing of Colombia in an enthralling battle.
Read more: Neymar out of World Cup
Zuniga defends challenge on Neymar
Lebron James and Gisele among those to react on Twitter
However, the 2-1 victory was tinged with concern after star man Neymar left the field on a stretcher in the closing stages.
The immense pressure of being host nation and favourites showed in their last-16 tie, with Luiz Felipe Scolari's side requiring penalties and a dollop of good fortune to see off Chile.
Another South American rival awaited at the quarter-final juncture, with Luiz's outstanding 35-yard free-kick decisive in a 2-1 victory after which one of the main talking points will be Neymar's fitness.
Who do you think was the star performer? Let us know by commenting below.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
Hector Bellerin opens up on switch from Barcelona to Arsenal
Which player sells the most shirts in the Premier League?
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania 31: Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'