Brazil vs Colombia World Cup 2014 player ratings - James Rodriguez or Neymar - who was the star man?
Who were the stars in Belo Horizonte
Saturday 05 July 2014
David Luiz thundered home one of the World Cup's finest goals as Brazil progressed to the semi-finals, disposing of Colombia in an enthralling battle.
Read more: Neymar out of World Cup
Zuniga defends challenge on Neymar
Lebron James and Gisele among those to react on Twitter
However, the 2-1 victory was tinged with concern after star man Neymar left the field on a stretcher in the closing stages.
The immense pressure of being host nation and favourites showed in their last-16 tie, with Luiz Felipe Scolari's side requiring penalties and a dollop of good fortune to see off Chile.
Another South American rival awaited at the quarter-final juncture, with Luiz's outstanding 35-yard free-kick decisive in a 2-1 victory after which one of the main talking points will be Neymar's fitness.
Who do you think was the star performer? Let us know by commenting below.
Latest in Sport
Heysel disaster 30th anniversary: Liverpool have seen too much tragedy to forget that fateful day in Belgium
Revealed: The most unwatchable Premier League teams of the 2014/15 season
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Michel Platini to consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 3 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned