Brazil vs Germany team news World Cup 2014: Bernard comes in for Neymar while Maicon keeps his place in front of Dani Alves
The Shakhtar forward gets the nod ahead of Willian
Tuesday 08 July 2014
Bernard has been named as Neymar's replacement for Brazil's World Cup semi-final against Germany.
The 21-year-old Shakhtar Donetsk forward joins Maicon in the starting XI, who keeps his place ahead of Dani Alves at right-back.
Germany are unchanged from their quarter-final win over France, meaning Miroslav Klose can surpass Ronaldo as the World Cup's highest goalscorer. Both players are currently tied on 15 goals.
Brazil: Cesar, Maicon, Dante, Luiz, Marcelo, Gustavo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Oscar, Bernard, Fred
Germany: Neuer, Hoewedes, Hummels, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Klose, Muller, Lahm, Kroos, Boateng
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Latest in Sport
Everton vs Wolfsburg match report: Tim Howard hands Everton clear advantage
Think before you ink: Manchester United fan gets Sir Alex Ferguson tattoo - and will regret it for the rest of his life
Paul Scholes column: Rio Ferdinand and John Terry row was bad but they could have kept playing for England
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Mesut Ozil given the worst rating possible by German newspaper Bild after poor performance
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
- 1 Scottish independence results live - The reunited kingdom: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair