Bristol City defender Greg Cunningham gets late Republic of Ireland call
Tuesday 03 September 2013
Bristol City defender Greg Cunningham has been called into the Republic of Ireland squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Sweden and Austria.
The 22-year-old, who was first capped at senior level by Giovanni Trapattoni during his time at Manchester City, has been drafted in as cover with Stephen Kelly having withdrawn for family reasons and with Marc Wilson nursing an ankle problem.
A spokesman for the Football Association of Ireland said: “Greg Cunningham has been called up the Irish squad to face Sweden this Friday and Austria on Tuesday.”
Latest in Sport
Mayweather-Pacquiao: Ricky Hatton, Mike Tyson, Ronda Rousey and more make their predictions
Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
Olivier Giroud doesn't believe Chelsea will change their style next season and responds to Thierry Henry's criticism of the Arsenal striker
Kyle Walker video: Tottenham defender categorically denies 'disgusting' rumours on Facebook
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 'Do not give them a reason': Baltimore man divides police and rioters in hope of avoiding violence
- 3 X Factor in crisis as numbers of people auditioning plummets
- 4 Baltimore riots: Furious mother marches her son home live on TV
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour