Cameroon vs Brazil player ratings - Neymar or Oscar? Who was the star man for Brazil?
A look at the individual performances following Brazil's 4-1 victory over Cameroon
Tuesday 24 June 2014
Neymar's superb two-goal show inspired Brazil as the hosts eased through to the last 16 of the World Cup, finishing top of Group A to set up a meeting with Chile.
The Barcelona forward scored two first-half goals as Cameroon were put to the sword in Brasilia, going down 4-1 in their third defeat in three group games.
Neymar is still only 22 and already has 35 goals in 52 caps to his name, and only Pele and Zico have a better goals-per-game average for Brazil but both those greats' totals of 77 and 66 respectively look achievable for this prodigy.
His two goals put Brazil on their way and though Joel Matip's first-time finish initially put Cameroon level, Fred and substitute Fernandinho put a gloss on the scoreline.
Who do you think was the man-of-the-match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Crystal Palace manager latest: Malky Mackay ruled out due to messy departure from previous club Cardiff
Sami Khedira to Arsenal: Midfield omitted from Real Madrid squad for Spanish Super Cup
Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
Angel Di Maria latest: Manchester United target is Real Madrid's 'best player', says Diego Simeone
Luis Nani exit: The curious case of the Manchester United winger
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence