Cameroon vs Brazil player ratings - Neymar or Oscar? Who was the star man for Brazil?
A look at the individual performances following Brazil's 4-1 victory over Cameroon
Tuesday 24 June 2014
Neymar's superb two-goal show inspired Brazil as the hosts eased through to the last 16 of the World Cup, finishing top of Group A to set up a meeting with Chile.
The Barcelona forward scored two first-half goals as Cameroon were put to the sword in Brasilia, going down 4-1 in their third defeat in three group games.
Neymar is still only 22 and already has 35 goals in 52 caps to his name, and only Pele and Zico have a better goals-per-game average for Brazil but both those greats' totals of 77 and 66 respectively look achievable for this prodigy.
His two goals put Brazil on their way and though Joel Matip's first-time finish initially put Cameroon level, Fred and substitute Fernandinho put a gloss on the scoreline.
Who do you think was the man-of-the-match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Kevin De Bruyne to Manchester City: £58m deal hits the rocks as Wolfsburg admits they're 'in no rush' to sell former Chelsea midfielder
Pogba to Chelsea: Blues set to smash British spending record with £70m midfielder and £34m John Stones
Manchester City face another struggle to make an impact in Champions League
Javier Hernandez: Great night for Manchester United, terrible night for Chicharito
Paul Pogba to Chelsea: Transfer news live - John Stones latest, Gareth Bale and Neymar to Manchester United, Edinson Cavani to Arsenal
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say