Capello: Moscow trip was for ballet
Saturday 26 November 2011
Fabio Capello denied last night that his trip to Moscow this week had anything to do with football after local media reported he had arrived in the Russian capital to negotiate a contract with wealthy club Anzhi Makhachkala.
"I came to Moscow to see the ballet at the Bolshoi Theatre, not for football," the England manager , who leaves his job next year, said. "I was invited here and just couldn't turn it down."
Latest in Sport
WWE Raw results: Seth Rollins and Kane punish Dean Ambrose while Brock Lesnar receives a new Championship belt
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Manchester United transfer news: Sporting Lisbon confirm Marcos Rojo deal complete with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Besiktas vs Arsenal: Arsene Wenger hits out at Aaron Ramsey red card decision
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations