Capello: Moscow trip was for ballet
Saturday 26 November 2011
Fabio Capello denied last night that his trip to Moscow this week had anything to do with football after local media reported he had arrived in the Russian capital to negotiate a contract with wealthy club Anzhi Makhachkala.
"I came to Moscow to see the ballet at the Bolshoi Theatre, not for football," the England manager , who leaves his job next year, said. "I was invited here and just couldn't turn it down."
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more