Carlos Tevez overlooked for Argentina, Sergio Aguero included
Friday 19 August 2011
New manager Alejandro Sabella has left Manchester City's unsettled striker Carlos Tevez out of the Argentina squad for a pair of friendlies in Asia next month.
Sabella, who has named one squad of domestic players for back-to-back friendlies against Brazil and one including overseas-based players for games against Venezuela and Nigeria, has overlooked Tevez but included his new City team-mate Sergio Aguero in the latter.
Tevez's club future is up in the air as his expected transfer from Eastlands has yet to transpire and his international prospects under Sabella are now in question.
Tevez was a favourite of Diego Maradona but enjoyed a more fractious relationship with the departed Sergio Batista and was only a late call-up to the Copa America squad.
Martin Demichelis, Nicolas Otamendi, Jonas Gutierrez, Lucho Gonzalez and Lisandro Lopez are all back in the squad, which is captained by Barcelona ace Lionel Messi.
Latest in Sport
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Ghosts of past cast a massive shadow
Mayweather-Pacquiao: Ricky Hatton, Mike Tyson, Ronda Rousey and more make their predictions
Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
Kyle Walker video: Tottenham defender categorically denies 'disgusting' rumours on Facebook
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 4 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
- 5 Yazidi sex slaves undergoing surgery to 'restore virginity' after being raped by Isis militants