Carlos Tevez overlooked for Argentina, Sergio Aguero included
Friday 19 August 2011
New manager Alejandro Sabella has left Manchester City's unsettled striker Carlos Tevez out of the Argentina squad for a pair of friendlies in Asia next month.
Sabella, who has named one squad of domestic players for back-to-back friendlies against Brazil and one including overseas-based players for games against Venezuela and Nigeria, has overlooked Tevez but included his new City team-mate Sergio Aguero in the latter.
Tevez's club future is up in the air as his expected transfer from Eastlands has yet to transpire and his international prospects under Sabella are now in question.
Tevez was a favourite of Diego Maradona but enjoyed a more fractious relationship with the departed Sergio Batista and was only a late call-up to the Copa America squad.
Martin Demichelis, Nicolas Otamendi, Jonas Gutierrez, Lucho Gonzalez and Lisandro Lopez are all back in the squad, which is captained by Barcelona ace Lionel Messi.
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
EXCLUSIVE: F1 heading for eastern revolution as new team emerges from Romania
Impressive Kurt Zouma may save Chelsea millions by replacing John Terry
Daniel Sturridge injury: Liverpool striker suggests problems could be linked with 'Caribbean vibes'
Capital One Cup fifth-round draw: Chelsea meet Derby, Tottenham face Newcastle, Liverpool travel to Bournemouth
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything