Carlos Tevez overlooked for Argentina, Sergio Aguero included
Friday 19 August 2011
New manager Alejandro Sabella has left Manchester City's unsettled striker Carlos Tevez out of the Argentina squad for a pair of friendlies in Asia next month.
Sabella, who has named one squad of domestic players for back-to-back friendlies against Brazil and one including overseas-based players for games against Venezuela and Nigeria, has overlooked Tevez but included his new City team-mate Sergio Aguero in the latter.
Tevez's club future is up in the air as his expected transfer from Eastlands has yet to transpire and his international prospects under Sabella are now in question.
Tevez was a favourite of Diego Maradona but enjoyed a more fractious relationship with the departed Sergio Batista and was only a late call-up to the Copa America squad.
Martin Demichelis, Nicolas Otamendi, Jonas Gutierrez, Lucho Gonzalez and Lisandro Lopez are all back in the squad, which is captained by Barcelona ace Lionel Messi.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Transfer deadline day: The best memes and tweets, featuring Radamel Falcao, Javier Hernandez and Bart Simpson
Radamel Falcao analysis: Manchester United have signed a top talent yet to hit his stride
Danny Welbeck signs for Arsenal: Gunners confirm signing of striker from Manchester United
Radamel Falcao to Manchester United: Louis van Gaal takes transfer spend beyond £140m - SIXTH most of any Premier league manager
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations