Chamberlain gets Under-21 call-up
Thursday 03 February 2011
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, the 17-year-old Southampton winger, has been called into the England Under-21 side for the first time.
Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of three newcomers, along with Burnley forward Jay Rodriguez and Middlesbrough defender Joe Bennett, in Stuart Pearce's squad for next week's friendly against Italy in Tuscany.
Pearce said: "I saw Southampton play Manchester United in the FA Cup and Alex is showing a lot of promise." Jordan Henderson returns to the U21s after making his senior debut last year as the age-group side prepare for this summer's European Championship.
Apple agrees deal with Visa on contactless payments
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer latest: Arsene Wenger set to sign...no one on transfer deadline day as manager heads to Rome to referee charity match
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal offloads fringe players as he looks to the long term
Radamel Falcao transfer latest: Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City linked with blockbuster move
Tottenham to offer Andros Townsend to Southampton in £14m deadline day bid for Jay Rodriguez
Radamel Falcao to Manchester United: Striker hasn't played in Champions League since 2010
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker