Chelsea keeper Petr Cech pulls out of Czech squad with finger injury
Goalkeeper could miss next match against Wigan
Monday 04 February 2013
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech was forced to withdraw from international duty with a finger injury yesterday and could miss Chelsea's next match against Wigan on Saturday.
A club statement read: "Petr Cech is returning to Chelsea due an injured finger and will not take part in Czech Republic's fixture. He will be assessed at Cobham by the club's medical department."
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile