Chile 3 Australia 1 player ratings: Who scored higher - Alexis Sanchez or Tim Cahill?
Performances from this Group B encounter rated
Saturday 14 June 2014
Chile opened their World Cup campaign with a 3-1 win over Australia in Group B.
Jorge Valdiva opened the scoring before Alexis Sanchez doubled the advantage.
Tim Cahill scored a great header but as Australia pushed for an equaliser, Jean Beausejour scored in injury time.
The win saw Chile join Netherlands at the top of Group B.
Who do you think was the stand-out player? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Royal Rumble 2015: Roman Reigns triumphs after The Rock returns to set-up Wrestlemania showdown with Brock Lesnar
Google trolls Tottenham with Oxford dictionary definition of 'lackadaisical'
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
Floyd Mayweather ends the carnival this week and picks his next fight - but will it be Amir Khan, Manny Pacquiao or Miguel Cotto
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2