Chris Coleman hit by mass pull-outs from Wales squad
Monday 07 October 2013
Wales manager Chris Coleman has been hit by a fresh batch of withdrawals from his squad for World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Belgium.
Coleman had already lost Gareth Bale, Joe Ledley and Joe Allen to injuries, while Brighton’s Andrew Crofts is injured and also suspended for the Macedonia match.
But a further five players have joined that list – the Swansea City defender Ben Davies, Wolves’ defender Sam Ricketts, Celtic full-back Adam Matthews, Crystal Palace’s Danny Gabbidon and Jack Collison, who is currently on loan at Bournemouth from West Ham.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more