Chris Coleman hit by mass pull-outs from Wales squad
Monday 07 October 2013
Wales manager Chris Coleman has been hit by a fresh batch of withdrawals from his squad for World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Belgium.
Coleman had already lost Gareth Bale, Joe Ledley and Joe Allen to injuries, while Brighton’s Andrew Crofts is injured and also suspended for the Macedonia match.
But a further five players have joined that list – the Swansea City defender Ben Davies, Wolves’ defender Sam Ricketts, Celtic full-back Adam Matthews, Crystal Palace’s Danny Gabbidon and Jack Collison, who is currently on loan at Bournemouth from West Ham.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Comment: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern reign, but Manchester United's problems run deeper and Premier League is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets