Chris Coleman hit by mass pull-outs from Wales squad
Monday 07 October 2013
Wales manager Chris Coleman has been hit by a fresh batch of withdrawals from his squad for World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Belgium.
Coleman had already lost Gareth Bale, Joe Ledley and Joe Allen to injuries, while Brighton’s Andrew Crofts is injured and also suspended for the Macedonia match.
But a further five players have joined that list – the Swansea City defender Ben Davies, Wolves’ defender Sam Ricketts, Celtic full-back Adam Matthews, Crystal Palace’s Danny Gabbidon and Jack Collison, who is currently on loan at Bournemouth from West Ham.
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site on Friday
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
Latest in Sport
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream