Chris Coleman hit by mass pull-outs from Wales squad
Monday 07 October 2013
Wales manager Chris Coleman has been hit by a fresh batch of withdrawals from his squad for World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Belgium.
Coleman had already lost Gareth Bale, Joe Ledley and Joe Allen to injuries, while Brighton’s Andrew Crofts is injured and also suspended for the Macedonia match.
But a further five players have joined that list – the Swansea City defender Ben Davies, Wolves’ defender Sam Ricketts, Celtic full-back Adam Matthews, Crystal Palace’s Danny Gabbidon and Jack Collison, who is currently on loan at Bournemouth from West Ham.
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Greatest mystery about the hit BBC1 show is how it continues to be made at all, writes Grace Dent
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo applauded by Liverpool fans after master-class for Real Madrid, despite Manchester United ties
Angel Di Maria injury latest: Argentina international set to play in Manchester United vs Chelsea match
Real Madrid vs Barcelona: Cristiano Ronaldo says he is playing Barca - not just Lionel Messi - in El Clasico
Paul Scholes column: I'm not worried about Manchester United's defence - Chelsea test can be the making of Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker forced into hospital ahead of Manchester United clash - reports
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo